Linguaholic

Subforum to speak in the language?

tulosai

Hi! I think it would be cool if under each language there was a folder/subforum devoted to practicing speaking in the language.  For example, in the French forums as they are currently constructed, people are talking in English about a variety of topics.  I think it would be cool if there was a designated place to go just to speak/practice French.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion!

This is a good suggestion. It is very easy for me to create new subforums and I will definitely think about something like that. I will just need to make sure that this is not affecting search engine rankings in a bad way. However, I am pretty sure that we can do something like that in the near future.

Stay tuned and thank you very much for this great suggestion!

That would be cool having a subforum where I could "speak" French. I wonder though how valuable it would be if there were no native and generally competent French speakers to keep a check on things.

well, there are already a few french native speakers on here and the number will definitely be increasing. My french is not that bad as well, I might be able to teach you a thing or two :=)

I would be happy to help as well! French is one of my main working languages and yes, the idea of having a forum for interactions entirely in the target language would be superb!

It looks like many members would like to see a subforum like this...so guess what? I'm gonna do this straight away..the subforum(s) will be online later tonight or the latest by tomorrow!

regards

Marcel

It looks like many members would like to see a subforum like this...so guess what? I'm gonna do this straight away..the subforum(s) will be online later tonight or the latest by tomorrow!

regards

Marcel

This will be an interesting add-on to the forum, but a very resourceful one! I think many of the members will gain from this, and I am glad you thought about it. =)

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely second this idea, I guess this forum contains many forum members that come from different parts of the world. Hence it will be nice to have a forum specifically to learn a language.