Linguaholic

Have you ever had to switch languages before you became fluent?

Saholy

Have you ever had to switch from the language you are learning to a completely new language? Did you find it frustrating to start all over again when you can't even tell people you speak the other one? Where you able to retain any of the language skills you first learned? What tips can you give? I think once I left a language the learning principles helped me to learn faster in the next one. Is there anything that helped you?

• 1 month later...

"Learning principles" will you please elaborate? I'm kinda new to learning foreign languages. I mean I have moved from learning Korean to French and finished neither. I'm currently focusing on Chinese. Maybe I'm missing something that's why I immediately gave up on Korean and French. And so I can't give you tips but I'm asking you for them instead.  :cry:

"Learning principles" will you please elaborate? I'm kinda new to learning foreign languages. I mean I have moved from learning Korean to French and finished neither. I'm currently focusing on Chinese. Maybe I'm missing something that's why I immediately gave up on Korean and French. And so I can't give you tips but I'm asking you for them instead.  :cry:

You have to find a language that will allow you to do what you want to do, from my experience. I tried learning Dutch, just because I wanted to learn a language. Using Duolingo, this is how far I got before giving up:

4e640a86d8f16c48fcd895d4145f244d.png

Now I am learning Spanish because I want to study Journalism in Spain. This is a real aim for me now and I am taking it seriously. Again using Duolingo, this is how far I have gotten until now:

fb181f4b3cd8d2d491dba82eb190640e.png

b1a2f74af6aea91b4a0e3b1b52ad8467.png

24fedd7445feb63447c9d442fb9dea62.png