Linguaholic
Improve your knowledge of any language online

Кот or Кошка?

Кот is the male cat.

Кошка is the female.

Also, when you talk about cats in general and you don't care about their gender, or if you don't know if it's a boy or a girl, then you say кошка.

Hope that helps!

• 6 months later...
Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Olha Bagdonas
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Olya and I am a native Ukrainian and Russian speaker. I have been teaching languages for 6 years, so I willl be glad to help you, in case you are interested.

Here you can book a lesson with me:
      https://italki.com/teacher/9185087

And also feel free to check my tiktok profile (I`m teaching Ukrainian here):
      https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRYKcwfh/

I`m looking forward to our meeting!
    • By Codescape
      Hi! I'm developing an application to learn various languages from ground up: starting with alphabet and continuing into sentence building and writing. I need feedback and I would love to give everyone codes for the full version so you don't have to watch ads. I try to post updates weekly adding fresh content and new games. It has quite a few cool features:
      - Various languages available for offline learning: Thai, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French (more languages on the way!)
      - Alphabet and spelling activities – build the foundations of your language knowledge.
      - Grammar drills – practice useful grammar structures for daily communication.
      - Real-life conversation examples – be ready to speak while go to another country.
      - Language tips - listen to step-by-step explanations and real-life examples that you can use right away.
      - Lesson dictionary - you don't need to look for a dictionary to find a word you don’t know.
      - Fun randomly generated games and quizzes to track your progress - revise and improve your language skills in fun games that are generated uniquely each time you play them.
      - Dictionary - browse through all the words with examples from all the courses to revise them.
      - Favorite words - add words from lessons to revise them!
      - Achievements and progress - track your improvements and progress easily.
      - Frequent updates – extend your skills with more topics covered and brand-new games.
      It's available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codescape.learngo

• By Dusk44Child
      Hello there! My name is Artemyi and I'm teaching Russian to English speakers.
      Individual course for every student
      Working on justlearn, it has some guarantees and also a trial lesson
      My page:
      https://www.justlearn.com/artemyi

See you !
    • By Xefjord
      What is Lingodeer?
      Many of you might be familiar with the app called "Duolingo." Lingodeer is very similar, but alongside the same style of gamified lessons that Duolingo provides: Lingodeer offers professionally made grammar notes on every single skill, features full native audio recordings on every word and sentence, has built in grammar review features, has a global leaderboard (And friends leaderboard) for competition, features video stories at the end of every skill, has built in pronunciation practice (Sentence shadowing capabilities), and features 10 languages to learn (with Italian on the way) taught in 13 languages. The app is available on iOS and Android. 

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me (I run their online forums as volunteer work and have followed the app since it was released, I have also completed the first half of Japanese and Korean on the app).