Linguaholic

• 1 month later...

They don't have similarities at all. They are just written and spelled in a similar way.

"черт" is a word that means "devil".

"черта" means "line". But its used more rarely for this. There is another word for a line: "Линия". It's used more frequently.

"черта" is used more for some idiomatic expressions, like "провести черту над чем-либо (like "put a line in a sand" in English)"

Another meaning for a word "черта" - "черта характера" - means some feature of a persons character (something about his temper, etc)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Codescape
      Hi! I'm developing an application to learn various languages from ground up: starting with alphabet and continuing into sentence building and writing. I need feedback and I would love to give everyone codes for the full version so you don't have to watch ads. I try to post updates weekly adding fresh content and new games. It has quite a few cool features:
      - Various languages available for offline learning: Thai, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French (more languages on the way!)
      - Alphabet and spelling activities – build the foundations of your language knowledge.
      - Grammar drills – practice useful grammar structures for daily communication.
      - Real-life conversation examples – be ready to speak while go to another country.
      - Language tips - listen to step-by-step explanations and real-life examples that you can use right away.
      - Lesson dictionary - you don't need to look for a dictionary to find a word you don’t know.
      - Fun randomly generated games and quizzes to track your progress - revise and improve your language skills in fun games that are generated uniquely each time you play them.
      - Dictionary - browse through all the words with examples from all the courses to revise them.
      - Favorite words - add words from lessons to revise them!
      - Achievements and progress - track your improvements and progress easily.
      - Frequent updates – extend your skills with more topics covered and brand-new games.
      It's available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codescape.learngo

• By Dusk44Child
      Hello there! My name is Artemyi and I'm teaching Russian to English speakers.
      Individual course for every student
      Working on justlearn, it has some guarantees and also a trial lesson
      My page:
      https://www.justlearn.com/artemyi

See you !
    • By Xefjord
      What is Lingodeer?
      Many of you might be familiar with the app called "Duolingo." Lingodeer is very similar, but alongside the same style of gamified lessons that Duolingo provides: Lingodeer offers professionally made grammar notes on every single skill, features full native audio recordings on every word and sentence, has built in grammar review features, has a global leaderboard (And friends leaderboard) for competition, features video stories at the end of every skill, has built in pronunciation practice (Sentence shadowing capabilities), and features 10 languages to learn (with Italian on the way) taught in 13 languages. The app is available on iOS and Android. 

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me (I run their online forums as volunteer work and have followed the app since it was released, I have also completed the first half of Japanese and Korean on the app).
    • By Mariusz123
      Hello everybody. My name is Mariusz Suder. I'd like to present a new universal, speaking program for learning any language Speaking Teacher AB3 There are already a lot of prepared tests for practicing and learning: English, Polish, German and Russian. Tests for any other languages can be written on your own Speaking Teacher has its own editor. Another program's feature is possibility to operate in special mode for blind. To fully use this application SAPI5 voices are required (visit my site to install) Speaking Teacher AB3 fully functional test version is on: https://www.sudermariusz.com.pl/english/speakingteacher.html and can be downloaded from (here's the direct link): https://www.sudermariusz.com.pl/download/instaler_st_ab3.exe

• By chichi
      Preply.com is a global educational platform that pairs tutors with students who wish to gain/improve their knowledge. We currently offer over 40 different subjects of which more than 27 are language courses. Studies are available both locally and remotely and this allows for flexibility in schedule alongside accessibility to students in remote/rural areas. 
      All you need to do is select the language you'll like to learn, go through the tutors' profiles, check their reviews and availability before you proceed with booking a lesson. You can start out by leaving messages for tutors and negotiating with a couple of them before making your final decision. 
      In case you need help, there's a user friendly Preply live chat.