Linguaholic

Most fun language to learn?

IlovePeanuts

Hi everyone!

I can currently speak 3 languages fluently and a little bit of a fourth one as well. English, Spanish, German and Japanese!

I really want to find a fun, challenging language to learn and round out my collection! Any recommendations? I've been thinking French or Italian..

I loved learning French, it's a lot of fun and not too difficult! I have been thinking about learning Italian too, I know a little bit but only from being a big opera fanatic, but I would love to learn more so I can really follow along with the Italian operas. Either language would be great!

Whether a language is fun and challenging or not depends on what language you prefer most.
You gave us way too little information about yourself, so nobody will be able to determine which of the 7000+ languages you should learn.

In general, if you want a challenge, I suggest French. I am currently trying to learn it, and boy is it hard! Overall, though, the language really is pretty and very fun to learn. Now, if you want something that's REALLY challenging, then try Russian. It's a very beautiful language, and I hope to learn it someday. Really, in the end, you have to pick a language that would fit in with what you personally like and your time constraints.

I would recommend french as it is my one of my favorite languages I'd love to learn. I just like the type of complexity it has and also the way it sounds and I think mastering this language will just be so great and exciting. The only problem I have with learning this is that I wouldn't have many people to use this on because it's a language so far from our own culture but I suppose it will show its advantages eventually one way or another so I keep on practicing. 

It seems to me that you already have two languages that you are interested in. Both Italian and French are good choices and just because you learn one doesn't mean that in the near future you can't learn the other. Seeing as you speak Spanish I would probably start with Italian, due to it's closer phonetics.

Wow! That is so much for one person already; I think you are a genius to know how to speak so many languages.

I think French would be great for you but I'm sure it would not be a challenge sine you already know how to learn foreign languages.

Great job:)

Wow @ILovePeanuts.....well done and kudos to you for what you've so far achieved! In answer to your question, I don't know if it's easy to address your question because we all differ in terms of our interests capabilities. What you find fun and challenging could be the exact opposite to me.  For instance, my interest lies mainly in the two languages you've cited, French and Italian. While I think they're definitely fun languages to learn, I'm not sure I'd say they were exactly challenging for me to learn. Relative to the languages you now speak fluently like Japanese and German, I'd say those are probably harder to learn, but you could just as easily tell me that's not true. So I'd suggest you just bite the bullet and go for it if that's what you want to do because you'll never truly know until you've tried them for yourself. Good luck, although I doubt you'll need it LOL :)

Personally other than English, I think Spanish is the most fun language. I just love the way a lot of words roll off your tongue and how expressive the language is. If I had to suggest a language for you to learn though it would be Mandarin. I've heard it's very challenging yet very fun as well. Since you already know Spanish, Mandarin would be next on my list for you to learn. I've learned a couple of words but am interested in diving deeper into the language at some point. 

Try Finnish (or other languages of that group) if you want something challenging and really different. I really love how the language sounds :) Take a look at Slavic languages as well.