Linguaholic

Learning English with popular music

Hi everyone. I am making Youtube videos where I teach English vocabulary, phrases, and grammar, through the lyrics of popular songs. As an example, this is a lesson I made with Justin Biebers "Love Yourself":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKt6ODpijP4

I enjoy learning languages through music, so I hope these videos can be helpful to people. Thank you. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, Versus said:

It is interesting way to learn. I practiced the same before.

so did you listen to some German music to improve your German? if yes, what was it? I am curious about it :=)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Learning through music is a fantastic way to pick up a new language. When you discover a song you truly enjoy, memorizing the lyrics and mimicking the pronunciation feels like a fun experience, not a chore.

While it might not be your main focus, this approach naturally broadens your vocabulary, sharpens your listening skills, and helps you improve your pronunciation.

• 4 months later...

Hello!😉 It is a great idea to listen to music while learning a foreign language. Remember that language, especially in artistic expressions like music, can be dynamic and varied. Don't be discouraged if you find some elements challenging. Learning from songs is a gradual process, and over time, you'll become more adept at understanding and using informal language. I listen to music on a website where young singers can spotify promo their music. I love to enjoy music. I found a lot of interesting and good music for myself. I wish you success in learning a foreign language.