Linguaholic

If you were successful with learning a new language+++

Cuppycake

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

So far I've only been truly successful with English.

I thought it would take 3-4 years. 12 years past and I'm still so far from perfection...

Every time I start learning, I imagine it will be quick and easy. It never is.

To be truly successful with a language it takes quite a few years. I think my English is pretty good and that is the result of learning it for more than 10 years. On the other hand, I have friends who were successful in gaining a decent command over German and French in 3-4 years.

So far I've only been truly successful with English.

I thought it would take 3-4 years. 12 years past and I'm still so far from perfection...

Every time I start learning, I imagine it will be quick and easy. It never is.

same here bro, I'm still learning English for my TOEFL exam and the more I think I'm close to perfection, the more I feel deceived. But still, I cannot lose hope and give up, I am working hard to learn it and I never thought that It'd be easy. So, let's see how much time will I take to completely prepare for the exam  :punk:

It took me 6 months or so to learn english, at least to write it, but it took me an extra time to find someone to practice it with... plus finding the courage to do so, lol.  I was so nervious when I first started speaking english out loud.  So the real question is... how long will you spend polishing it?  I learn english fast, but I spent years polishing it; both the written and spoken form.  Learning a language is a very complete process that requires a lot effort and time! So don't expect quick results.