Linguaholic

Are you a good listener?

True2marie

I believe I'm a good listener. I learn more things by listening than memorizing and reading. Although for the things which I am interested in, reading them really works for me. I used to enjoy listening more than reading but now I am seeing the advantages of doing both.

I think I'm a good listener, though often times I don't always have the perfect thing to say to everyone when they need help. Of course, I use "listener" in a strictly oral-communicative sense; if we were talking about music, I would say I'm an incredible listener.

I'd say it depends for me. If the topic is something I like, then I'll listen and remember even the smallest of details, but if I am bored or disinterested with the topic or the speaker then I'll almost definitely always just drift off as I do tend to daydream a lot. My friends know this about me and they have learned to anticipate it, by which I mean they understand when they see I'm drifting off again because it's not like I'm doing it on purpose.