Linguaholic

What is the best form of language ?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Which form  of language you appreciate more - 1) Short, sweet and straight or

2) Detailed with graphic description ?

What do mean by saying graphic description? Are you talking about metaphorical/idiomatic expressions?

Please specify, thank you  :grin:

Totally depends what context it's in.  If I'm reading an instruction manual, I appreciate short and succinct text.  Fiction writing, a combination of the two is nice.  Not EVERYTHING deserves a long-ass description (I.E. Game of Thrones).  Non-fiction any of the two works I guess.  Just tell it as it is!

Uhm I guess short and straight in most cases :P  I've been told I tend to be an extremely direct and frank person, so I guess that's why I like this ''form'' of language. 

If I'm reading a manual, then I really prefer a detailed description... with a diagram if possible!  I expect some really complete and descriptive instructions... with as many instructions as possible! After all that's what I needed when I was trying to figure out Windows 8 ;)

In real life I prefer short, straightforward sentences so that I know exactly what's happening. The exception is when a person is talking about something I'm very interested in, because then I want as much detail as possible! In writing I like to have a blend, because I think it makes it more interesting as it sets a tone and atmosphere.

I'm an impatient person in real life so I prefer short, and straight to the point writing. But when I write I like to elaborate and be descriptive. :P

That's great Daimashin and I can confirm that (your style in writing hehe).  :grin:Your posts about 成语 have all been very informative and descriptive.