Linguaholic

Need some help with a short text, please!

Hey all

Could somebody please help me to make corrections of the following text? Thank you

Text:

[i currently hold a bachelor degree in Translation (ZHAW Winterthur, Switzerland), covering the languages: German, French and English. German is my mother tongue.

Languages have always been my passion and I am very eager to take part in your next translation project. Rest assured that I am willing to provide fully accurate translations at any given time.

At this very moment I am studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich, so working with languages is my every day business and I am absolutely loving it.]

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Grammar is not my strong point but I gave the 'correction' a shot. It's a not a correction per se. It's more like cutting out superfluous words and making a slight change somewhere. Hopefully someone better will fix  whatever needs fixing. Here's my attempt:

I currently hold a bachelor degree in Translation (ZHAW Winterthur, Switzerland), covering the languages: German, French and English. German is my mother tongue.

Languages have always been my passion and I am eager to take part in your next translation project. Rest assured that I am willing to provide accurate translations consistently.

At this moment I am studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich, so working with languages is my every day business and I am absolutely loving it.

Thank you Denis Hard for taking the time to make some corrections. As far as I can see, you almost did not change anything at all.  :grin: I guess I should be happy about that, no?  :angel:

The second part of the last sentence sounds a little bit odd, doesn't it ?

"At this moment I am studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich, so working with languages is my every day business and I am absolutely loving it.

I would need to find something more appropriate that saying 'and I am absolutely loving it'. Hopefully someone can come up with something a little bit more 'elegant' than that.

I would drop "very" from the second line. Also, change "At this very moment.." to "I am currently..". Perhaps split that last part into two separate sentences.

Denis Hard already suggested that I should drop the very. I can see the reason why the use of 'very' does not make sense her. I guess that this use of very is used in novels and such, but not in this kind of texts :=)

I can see that it would make sense to split that last sentence into two sentences. Any suggestions for the 'new version'? :=))

[i currently hold a bachelor's degree in Translation (ZHAW Winterthur, Switzerland), covering the languages: German, French and English. German is my mother tongue.

Languages have always been my passion and I am very eager to take part in your next translation project. Rest assured that I am willing to provide fully accurate translations at any given time.

Currently, I am studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich. Working with languages is my forte and I am absolutely loving it.]

Not much to change honestly. Changed one or two words. Not necessarily have to split the last sentence unless you have more to add.

The only thing I came up with from what others said is this:

Instead:

Languages have always been my passion and I am very eager to take part in your next translation project. Rest assured that I am willing to provide fully accurate translations at your convenience and on a consistent basis.

I don't know. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...