Linguaholic

Duolingo to add more languages!!!

Trellum

I specifically can't wait for Russian to be released! I'm about to start the Swedish and Norweigan courses which is going to be great! I'm really happy that Duolingo are expanding from the more well-known languages to become even more multicultural!

That is so awesome that they are doing that! I have been using that app and it's really helped me to learn some basics from the languages that I want to know. I think that it's pretty much the best language learning app that they have made. I came across it one day on accident, and thought that I would just try it out for fun, and now I love it.

• 2 months later...

That is very exciting news that they are beginning to add more languages. I find that it is a very easy to use application. I have been working on the French course, and have found it to be a very fun way to learn a new language. My next language I want to learn is Mandarin, and I am hoping that they will soon have that course up and running. I understand that it takes other people to help complete the courses, so if there are any native Mandarin speakers out there maybe they can help us out! 

I'd never actually been on the site, and I just checked it out! It looks like a really fun site, and I'm guessing it already had my languages anyway, Italiano and Francais :) Those never seem to be left out anywhere, so I'm blessed like that! I've bookmarked the site because I really do need to get my back into it in the very near future. -and what better way to start that Duolingo, a site everyone who uses it sings its praises?!

While waiting for the Japanese Duolingo to be officially released, I don't mind learning other languages, in particular Esperanto.  I am having a little difficulty remembering the actual translations, though I am starting to get to know the vocabulary well.

Hello! I have a question about this website. I discovered it reading on this forum, I think it's really nice and useful but in the Italian version I have only the English and the French courses. The question is: can I change my started language and put for istance English? Maybe there are more languages for English studends.

Its really great they are working on more languages.  I have yet to make it through one, but I need to get back into it.  I admittedly have been a bit lax in my studying.  Life has a way of getting in the way of my studying.  But I hope to lean multiple languages with it.

I think that before Duolingo adds any newer language, it might want to consider working on teaching foreign alphabets. What's lacking in Duolingo is that you can't learn the alphabet for languages with foreign writing methods; like: Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Russian, etc.. It might be a little bit difficult but it's definitely possible with the availability of mobile phones and tablets. Users can draw the letters on their phones, or if they're willing, buy a special device to draw on the PC. All in all, the more, the merrier.