Linguaholic

Which language should I move on to?

d

Hello everyone. I am new here.

I've gotten a bit interested in languages lately and want to expand my learning a bit. Reasons are mostly for travel, living, film and because I like to learn new things.
So, I speak and understand Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English, Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian and German.

I was wondering, what would be the next easiest and "natural" step? Slovak? Czech? Slovenian? Macedonian? I have been thinking of these four, but I'm uncertain which way I should go and what you guys would think would be the easiest for me? Since some Slavic languages are so similar, that's why I brought those for examples up. Because it doesn't seem to be that long of a step to go on to them if I already know Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian?

I'm not interested in French, Spanish, Italian or any Asian language for the moment, although I have heard that Korean shouldn't be too different to learn. Anyways, what do you say based on my merits? I'm more than happy to answer any questions if you have them too!

Cheers!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

There is no 1 answer we can give, there really is no too easy or too hard language to learn.
All languages can be learnt, as long as you love the given language and culture.

You already said you don't want to learn any Romance or Asian language, so that's what you shouldn't be recommended to learn.
My advise is to find a language AND culture you really like, that's the language you will find easiest to learn.
It's important to be honest about that, you can't force yourself to like something you don't like.

On 20.1.2016, 15:30:48, d said:

Hello everyone. I am new here.

I've gotten a bit interested in languages lately and want to expand my learning a bit. Reasons are mostly for travel, living, film and because I like to learn new things.
So, I speak and understand Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English, Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian and German.

I was wondering, what would be the next easiest and "natural" step? Slovak? Czech? Slovenian? Macedonian? I have been thinking of these four, but I'm uncertain which way I should go and what you guys would think would be the easiest for me? Since some Slavic languages are so similar, that's why I brought those for examples up. Because it doesn't seem to be that long of a step to go on to them if I already know Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian?

I'm not interested in French, Spanish, Italian or any Asian language for the moment, although I have heard that Korean shouldn't be too different to learn. Anyways, what do you say based on my merits? I'm more than happy to answer any questions if you have them too!

Cheers!

Welcome D! It's very nice to see that you are that serious about studying languages! As Blaveloper pointed out, it's not easy to give you an advice here. I, for myself can only encourage to study some asian languages. They are really useful these days and they are so much fun to learn. Not exactly easy though (at least not for Europeans).