Linguaholic

I suppose it depends on many factors. One of them being the type of person you are. I have a friend who gets really pissed off if I say anything like that to her and on the other hand I have yet another friend who accept this jokes and even gives me the name. The person you are referring should have known that you are sensitive in that area and shouldn't have had call you any names at all in any language. The worst thing here is because it is not professional even if he or she was doing you a favour. I just hope that this person is not a teacher, because it would be a shame for the rest of us.

Well, I personally think that the person who is teaching you should try to keep the teacher - student's relationship and the respect has to be a must, I really think that it is the most important fact of any relationship and the one who called you 'stupid' did really wrong, yo ushould actually let that people know what you personally think about it and ask him not to do it again, that is my opinion though.