Jump to content


Recommended Posts


I'm not sure if this is correct place to post but I'm looking for some kind of translation app that translates from Japanese to English.

I received both my karate belt diploma and gi and not sure if this is in hiragana or katakana.

Thank You


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Melloch

You can use Google Translate wfor that. You can either use this on your desktop or download the app. If you are downloading the app, you will also be able to make a picture of the diploma and the app will instantly try to translate it to English through OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

Another method would be to post those documents here. And then hopefully someone here from the Community who does indeed speak Japanese will help you to translate it to English.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

If it's curvy, it's hiragana.
If it's blocky, it's katakana.
If it reminds you to Chinese, it's kanji (or hanzi, or hanja, or whatever the Vietnamese called their version before they romanised their writing system).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...