Linguaholic

Anyone tried using bilingual books?

kickinlosidiomas

Glassbow makes bilingual editions of the classics (Pride and Prejudice, Peter Pan, The Prince, etc.), the collection of all 36 books is on sale for $9 this week, usually $29. There's new releases every other month which are included for all "collection" purchases. Of course you can get the books for free in English, but these come with a translated edition built in paragraph-by-paragraph. Not a bad deal for $9.

www.glassbow.com/collection

Sorry if this is wrong forum, I'm new. Please move if so!

That's indeed a great idea. I can see the value in language studies. But I wish the books they publish were originally in more diverse languages. I mean, look at the selection of the titles. Most were written in English, and then translated to other languages. I would love to have e.g. Don Quixote in Spanish and English, Madame Bovary in French and English, Calvino's novels in Italian and English, etc. I recently read Le Petit Prince in French, English and Chinese (a trilingual book) and noted quite a few differences or even errors in the English and Chinese translations. It was fun.