Linguaholic

Hello! Aspiring Japanese speaker here :)

nataliedujour

Good evening (or morning, whatever your timezone may be)! I'm Natalie, and I've been attempting to self-study (primarily spoken) Japanese for around 5 years. I like to think my pronunciation is pretty good, and for a while I could write in hiragana/katakana with about as much skill as your average native Japanese-speaking preschooler. :wink: I tend to get a little overwhelmed when attempting to study kanji, though. My significant other has studied French for around 3 years, and I've picked up a few words here and there as a result. Once I get the hang of one (or both!) of those, I hope to become as much of a polyglot as I've seen some of you are on this forum!

On the non-language side of things, I currently study psychology in college (albeit very slowly...), and spend every other waking minute of my day watching hockey! I'm a little obsessed to say the least. Say... maybe I could learn Russian or Swedish and hang out with some pro hockey players! ^_^

I look forward to getting to know some new friends on this forum!

はじめまして。

わたし は "AExAVF" です。

どうぞ  よろしく お ねがいします。

I am also a student of the Japanese language, although I'm still on the basics.  I just completed my Elementary Japanese 1 and hopefully I will be able to enroll for Elementary 2 next year once I find work.  Hopefully, I'll be able to apply my language skills in the government service.  Hope to see you around! :)

Edited by AExAVF

Good evening (or morning, whatever your timezone may be)! I'm Natalie, and I've been attempting to self-study (primarily spoken) Japanese for around 5 years. I like to think my pronunciation is pretty good, and for a while I could write in hiragana/katakana with about as much skill as your average native Japanese-speaking preschooler. :wink: I tend to get a little overwhelmed when attempting to study kanji, though. My significant other has studied French for around 3 years, and I've picked up a few words here and there as a result. Once I get the hang of one (or both!) of those, I hope to become as much of a polyglot as I've seen some of you are on this forum!

On the non-language side of things, I currently study psychology in college (albeit very slowly...), and spend every other waking minute of my day watching hockey! I'm a little obsessed to say the least. Say... maybe I could learn Russian or Swedish and hang out with some pro hockey players! ^_^

I look forward to getting to know some new friends on this forum!

Hello and welcome! It always makes me ponder over people who speak Japanese or Chinese or any of the Asian speaking languages. For me, they seem to be so hard to learn, but more and more people are turning to speaking Japanese, mainly.

Great job Natalie. I wish I could be as motivated as you are. :)