Linguaholic

Next language you'd like to learn

tulosai

If you were going to start trying to learn a new language now which one would it be and why?

I would definitely want to try Croatian.  My family is there and I am visiting in a few weeks so it would be really useful to me!

I would say Croatian  definitely. I always wanted to speak a different language. Croatian is the official language of the European Union. It is also one of the official language of Bosnia and neighboring countries.

I have a few friends from Bosnia and I find myself interested in the Croatian language.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Kannada, simply because I'm in Karnataka. Or German, because I talk to a few German people. Or French, because I have learned it a little and would like to master it. It's so tough to choose!

I'd learn Russian. Russia is a very big country and its people are very open to anything. They are like my people and I would like to understand a Moldavian when he says something to me in Russian. This way, I won't need to ask him to translate it to me.

Probably Korean. I know that the Korean writing system is extremely easy to learn, but it's hard to pronounce their words so I will definitely have to work on that. I don't really have a reason for learning Korean other than I that I would probably like to visit South Korea some time in the future, because it's such a technologically advanced country. They have the world's fastest internet and wifi is pretty much available everywhere.

After I finish Spanish. I would love to study French. I am a big fan of the culture, and i love French accents. I think it would be a nice experience. Although i have heard that it is extremely difficult to grasp that language. I like a challenge.

Spanish would be cool. It looks way, way easier than the last language I learned, Japanese. I'm intuitively pretty good at its pronunciation, and I'm interested in traveling to Latin America. There are also quite a few Mexican and Latin American exchange students at my school so I could probably get some practice quite easily.

I'm really interested in learning so many languages that it's difficult to choose! I am possibly moving to Spain in September to teach English for a year, so I really should start working on improving my basic Spanish skills. I would also like to improve my French skills (they're at an intermediate level) and learn some German. So many languages, not enough time!

I would first of all like to master the ones I am already trying to learn, which are Indonesian and Japanese. But if I had to choose a new one to learn, it would probably be Spanish. I just like the way it sounds and I've always really wanted to visit Mexico. I feel like because it has many similarities with English, too, it would be reasonably easy to learn.

I'd like to learn Swedish and Russian.

Swedish because I think it sounds very interesting. I have a few colleagues from Sweden, and every time they talk, it sounds like a mix between English and a fantasy language, I love it!

I've been looking into travelling the Trans-Siberian route from St-Petersburg to Beijing. It approximately takes a month, and it would be handy to know a bit of Russian while there. It looks like a very tricky language to learn, but I like challenges :)

Hmmm, this is a tough one! Maybe I'd like to learn Spanish, my mother is fluent and also it's helpful for getting jobs in the area. Too bad said jobs usually pay the same amount as monolingual ones, though. Still, would be pretty cool to be able to understand what people are saying when I happen to be surrounded by Spanish speakers. Plus, Spanish sounds pretty, especially Spain Spanish.

I might also like to learn some Korean someday. I've heard it's a lot easier than it looks!

The next language I would like to learn would be Spanish. I recently visited Cancun and would have loved to been able to talk to more people including fellow travelers like myself. There was one older couple from Columbia and the husband was able to speak some English, but the wife was so sweet and I was unable to talk to her at all.

I'm currently learning Spanish, but when I'm done with this after this year I would love to learn German.  It's a pretty exotic language and plus it shouldn't be too hard since English is also a Germanic language.

Even though I have a lot of passion for learning Japanese, learning Thai is one of my major life goals. Half of my extended family lives in Thailand and it's important that I learn their mother tongue to the best of my ability. It's going to be a lot of work, but an enjoyable undertaking.

I'd love to learn Arabic! Hearing it spoken by native speakers is beautiful, it's all so fluid. The way the media portrays Arabic and Arab people is way off from reality. I went to Saudi Arabia two summers ago and I was taken aback by how vastly different it was from what I had envisioned. The language especially threw me off, very pleasant to listen to.

Hey guys,

I see that most of you are planning on learning German. I like German a lot and I've been trying to learn it many different ways. I've gathered a lot of books that I can't seem to find time to read. I've also tried online learning sites and different software. What is your favorite way of learning? I'd like to find the most time and cost efficient one.

I honestly don't know why, but I'd really like to learn Thai. I have no real reasoning behind the desire to learn, but it's a strong desire. A while ago, I decided I would make an endeavor in learning Thai, however, the tonal qualities of the language are very difficult to understand. Rising tone, falling tone, etc. I gave up fairly quickly and am slightly disappointed in myself for doing so.