Linguaholic

BEELINGUAPP: READ TWO LANGUAGES SIDE BY SIDE

David Gomez

Of all the apps I have used I have found Beelinguapp the most useful, you can hear and read texts in 2 languages side by side, using your native language as a reference. This has helped me with my german quite a lot to achieve a great level. It has some short children stories and also some interesting books and new articles.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.david.android.languageswitch

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 5.23.42 PM.png

This looks like a pretty effective tool in learning a new language. When I decide to learn a new language I will definitely use it. I wish I had this app when I was learning Spanish, because it would have made my life a lot easier. Thanks for sharing!

Looks good to me, however, I wonder if my local language is supported by the app.By the way while learning a new language, I don't want to use another language as a medium. If I use another language to learn a language, my language will become stilted. By anyways I will check this app. I use an Android phone

Wow, thanks for this amazing resource. I am curious, though-- can the app identify syntax and will it be able to translate a long sentence or a long paragraph without affecting the context of the paragraph? This sounds great for phrases and shorter sentences, but what if I try to read an entire book, like, a really long one. Will the app be able to translate a huge chunk of text without taking away from the context? You see, I've been trying to learn German, Dutch, and now Russian. My native tongue is English. Syntactically, English is written so differently from German, Dutch, and more so, Russian. Is the app capable of retaining the thought from a long piece of text? That's something I'd really like to know. I truly believe this app can help me.

Well I can definitely see the advantages of this.  When it comes to learning a language, I really think that just having more options available and things to explore in order to find your own best method, usually produces the best results.  I can see this being very helpful in areas that people are really struggling with, and soft of a walk-through for them to get the hang of it.  I like it, and I will definitely look more into it.