Linguaholic

Next language you'd like to learn

tulosai

Definitely Korean!

I'm a giant esports geek (starcraft :D) and if you didn't know, the best competitors are in fact Korean.

I really wanna go to Seoul. From what i've seen, it's a pretty beautiful place and, of course it's the mecca of the esports world.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I would love to learn Japanese. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture and actually started teaching myself the language in high school.

If I was to get serious about learning Japanese again, I would definitely hire a tutor. I find that it is much easier to learn a language when you have someone to speak to in the language.

I want to learn spanish in the near future.

I have been to spain quite often and always enjoyed it immensely, but always felt so bad not understanding most things. Spanish people always talk so fast  :laugh:

I would say Korean :) or Hangul/Hangeul.

I already know some words and phrases but I would want to know more about the language and its grammar. But since I am already studying Japanese, I guess I don't have the luxury of time to study both at the same time.

Hangeul's writing system is also very simple and yet effective one. But the pronunciation is a little bit hard. Especially the "eu" or "eul" sounds.

I am attempting to learn French right now, but other than that, I'd love to brush up on my American Sign Language. It's a little harder than I'd like to find someone who wants to practice/knows the language at all, however.

I'm an English tongue and know the basics of French. If I were to pick another language to learn, it would definitely be Japanese. I'm very interested in their culture and I love how their tongue sounds. So many different words and syllables for everything, so many characters. I think it's pretty cool.

I really want to be fluent in French and Spanish.

French just sounds so sexy and sophisticated. I have been reading books about the language so I can learn it slowly. But I have also been wanting to take classes. It's better that way.

I learned Spanish in college and it's somehow close to my mother tongue, Filipino. I want to be more fluent in speaking and writing the language. I think that next to English, it's also one of the widely-spoken languages in the world.

I was going to try to learn Korean or Japanese next but since I'll be moving to the US, it might be more useful to learn Spanish. I'm sure I'll also be able to use it more there than East Asian languages.

The next language I'd like to learn is Japanese. I've always wanted to go to Japan and I watch a lot of anime and subbed Japanese TV shows. I also play video games from Japan, and I'd really like to understand completely all the conversations to have a better gaming experience.

I am still making my decision on whether learning Spanish or French as my next language. Since I have already known English and Chinese, it would be unnecessary for me to learn a new language. I have always wanted to learn a new language because I like the sound of French. I hope I have the time because I plan to learn French by myself, which is through online or ask one of my friends to teach me.

Probably French. I'm still learning Spanish, so that will take a while longer, but I'd like to be able to speak French since I have family in French-speaking parts of Canada.

After I become fluent in Hindi, I would like to learn Bengali. These are my two favorite languages. It is just discourging because Hindi and Bengali aren't cosidered useful to learn :( I'd really like to become fluent in Arabic also (but it is soo hard!!). I'd also like to get comfortable in Farsi and Turkish but i doubt I will ever get past the basics.

For me it would be Arabic and or Hebrew. I really like the tones that I hear from these languages. I actually have started to learn both; I just need to learn better discipline and fun ways to learn these languages.

Yesterday I was listening to a business program that said that there is need to learn Chinese. Therefore because I love business a lot and the examples that I heard the language did not seem that hard. Therefore definitely for me it will be Chinese.

Right now I'm beginning to learn Biblical Hebrew. It's to help someone who is studying it at a seminary. Learning the script has been really interesting so far. It's not as hard as some of the scripts I've come across or even learned, previously. After I have a strong grasp in Biblical Hebrew, I may move on to Modern.

Since I am a student of English and French. And Jerusalem is such a tourist attractive place, then my next language to learn is Spanish.

I have a good command of the French language, and Spanish language is from the same family. I have taken tow beginner courses in the Spanish language and it is really an amazing language and not hard to learn. Also, where I live, we receive quite a lot of Spanish groups, and learning this language will provide me with good work and good environment to practice it daily.

I'd probably want to learn Japanese. I've heard they have a very nice culture, I also know for a fact that they have very nice food. More importantly, my friends are currently learning the language, so it would be cool to be able to speak with them in Japanese.

As I said in my presentation, I'd definitely like to learn Chinese, but I find very different and difficult to learn though... Now I'm trying with French and I find it easy. I want to travel to China and learn the language in its native country and try to speak with native people. I think this is the best way to learn languages, apart from reading books and learning from forums like this ;)

I'd like to learn of the Scandinavian languages, especially Swedish. I've always been fascinated by it, because it sounds so different from the languages I'm used to hearing and I can't fathom that people actually understand each other.  :tongue:

The next language I would like to learn is Mandarin Chinese. This is more out of necessity than a love for the language. In recent years, my island has seen a drastic rise in the Chinese population. At first they came to work on specific projects, but lately many Chinese businesses have been set up in the town itself. I believe that it is necessary to learn the language of your new neighbors in order to foster better cultural exchanges.

I'd like to learn of the Scandinavian languages, especially Swedish. I've always been fascinated by it, because it sounds so different from the languages I'm used to hearing and I can't fathom that people actually understand each other.  :tongue:

Swedish would be my next language as well. As a German it sounds slightly familiar, even though I don't understand it. I wouldn't necessarily call it beautiful (even though it can be), but it sounds like a very fun language.

If you were going to start trying to learn a new language now which one would it be and why?

I would definitely want to try Croatian.  My family is there and I am visiting in a few weeks so it would be really useful to me!

I would love to learn some Italian. I think it would be really cool to learn their language. They sound so romantic. After that, I want to learn French too.

I think the next language I'd like to learn is French. I've started learning it a couple of times, but I always gave up. If I could motivate myself and actually keep on going with it, I think it would be really useful and interesting, so it would be good to take a course in it or something.